Saturday 22 October 2011

Self-Publishing - A Weekend in Madrid with Final Editing and Formatting Book for the Printers when I got home.

It wasn't a good idea to go to Madrid for the weekend when I was trying to do the final edits on my novel, so I took a hard copy with me, and it was quite inspiring reading about Kathy's flying lessons when I was 39,000 feet in the air!
Madrid is a beautiful city with a clear blue sky and amazing white rooflines shining like intricate wedding cakes against it.
We had dinner at The Botin Restaurant, the oldest restaurant in the world according to the Guinness Book of Records! Ernest Hemingway used to eat there.
'In his book The Sun Also Rises (1926) he writes, "We lunched upstairs at Botin's, it is one of the best restaurants in the world. We had roast young suckling pig and drunk rioja alta.". Then again in Death in the Afternoon (1932) he writes, "I would rather dine on suckling pig at Botin's than sit and think of casualties my friends have suffered." '
Whilst I was away Clare at Direct POD printed out my cover to check that the colours worked, and she sent it me with no laminate, a glossy laminate and a matt one. The matt one was best, although in all the colours were good.
At last I finished the editing and then I had to get to grips with formatting. It didn't take as long as I thought, but it was fiddly getting the chapter headings to stay in place and making sure that the page numbers started on page 7 and not before! But I'm quite satisfied now. I've only got the Amazon Kindle to do and by all accounts that's far worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment