Friday 23 March 2012

Wasted on the Way - Crosby, Stills and Nash

Here's Graham Nash and David Crosby at Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park, 2010.  Still great performers after all these years.
In the car yesterday, I heard their song, Wasted on the Way. (If you don't know it, it's here on YouTube.)
Listening to the lyrics, which they say are about the three of them regretting the time they wasted arguing with each other, I thought that there are lots of things in life that you can feel this way about.
I regret not taking writing more seriously when I was younger. I wonder what would have achieved if I'd chosen to study Creative Writing, but I had no idea that such a course existed. I wish that I had though, because I loved reading and writing, and if I wasn't doing one of them, I would be away in my world of imagination.
What would my life have been like if I'd started writing in my twenties? Perhaps I'd be a famous novelist by now with forty novels on the shelf, but I'll never know.
The song ends on an optimistic note as Crosby, Stills and Nash decide to make up the time that they've wasted, like I'm at last doing now with my writing.
Do you have any regrets because you wasted time on the way through your life instead of getting on and writing?

1 comment:

  1. I can appreciate all the regrets people might have through life, but I've decided regrets are not worth it as we can't go back and change things! I didn't know that song.

    I've just tagged you on my blog, Jean, with lots of questions if you wish to accept them.

    ReplyDelete